As well as metrics to track numerical or financial values, you can also add metrics that track status or star-ratings.
- Click the "Add Metric" button
- Enter the name for the new metric - a good name is short and succinct
- Under "Format" choose either "Status" or "Rating".
- Adjust any other settings as required
- Click the "Create Metric" button
A "Status" metric lets you select from traffic-light values - Green, Amber or Red:
A "Rating" metric lets you select a rating out of 5-stars:
A "Status" or "Rating" metric can be referenced in formulas for other metrics, and can also itself be calculated from other values.
The underlying value will be converted to a "Status" or "Rating" based on these rules:
- Green: value is positive
- Amber: value is zero
- Red: value is negative
- 0-stars: value is zero
- 1 - 5 stars: value is 1 - 5
- Any other value is not valid