There are several ways to connect your metrics in One Metric with your accounts in Xero:
To quickly create multiple new metrics linked to Xero:
- Select the "Data Sources" option from the main menu in One Metric
- Select the Xero organisation you wish to link to
- Find the Xero account you wish to import - accounts are grouped by account type (select the tab corresponding to the required account type)
- Click the "+ Add Metric" link
You can repeat these steps to create additional metrics as required.
You can click on the name of the new metric from this page to adjust other settings for the metric as required (e.g. to rename the metric, or to adjust the "Format & Display" settings).
To connect an existing metric you've created in One Metric to Xero:
- Select the "Metrics Library" option from the main menu in One Metric
- Select the metric you wish to import value from Xero for
- Update the "Source" to "Imported"
- Select the Xero organisation from the "Data Source" drop down list
- Select the Xero account you wish to import from the "Account" drop down list
- Adjust any other settings as required (e.g. "Format & Display")
- Click the "Update Metric" button
To create a single new metric linked to Xero, click the "Add New Metric" button on the "Metrics Library" page and then follow steps 3-8 above.
To add a metric for a total in Xero (e.g. Total Assets), first setup a metric for each account that should be summed and then add a further metric to calculate the sum. See: Add a calculated metric.