To add a new metric, where the value is entered by you or somebody else (for imported values, see Import values from Xero):
- Click the "Add Metric" button
- Enter the name for the new metric - a good name is short and succinct
- Click the "Create Metric" button
- If required, enter a longer description for the new metric - this will be displayed as a tool-tip when the metric is shown in reports
- Adjust any other settings as required - e.g. "Format & Display"
- Click the "Update Metric" button
You can now enter values for this new metric.
Repeat these steps for each of the metrics that you want on your report.
As you add metrics to your reports they will be automatically added to your “Metrics Library” so they can also be included in other reports when needed.
Next: Enter values for metrics